Friday, December 16, 2011

Ceramics - Last Couple Months

The first time I was introduced to Ceramics was the fall of 2003. I took a class in college, loved it, wasn't great at it, but just loved it, and then I haven't even touched ceramics till this fall, August 2011. 7 years!

I don't regret it, but now that I'm teaching at Cody High School, I've been thrown into teaching two ceramics classes this semester. Of course I told them I'd be fine teaching it, but inside I was scared out of my mind because I hadn't touched it for so long, and I wasn't even that good. So before school started in August I came in to the studio and had a self-driven crash course. The biggest thing I threw before school started was between 3 and 4 inches tall...(A little embarrassed). But, as I've been spending a ton of time since then throwing and watching a lot of youtube demos on throwing and building, and I feel like I'm getting pretty decent at it. So the following is some of the stuff I'm pretty proud of.








No comments:

Post a Comment